Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Don't Always Copy the Clipboard!

Kelvin Tran

Hey,

I've noticed how, when you copy a file on the server or client machine, it anticipates that you'll want to copy it over to the other machine(s) and puts it into a temporary cache folder there. Here's the issue with that, and I had this issue today. It's less of an issue, and more of an inconvenience, however, when you are copying a 53 GB file (like I was), it can be very inconvenient to have the other system(s) copy the clipboard every time I copy something on one system. Please implement some solution that would only transfer the clipboard after some trigger is activated that would allow the software to definitively know when I want to transfer clipboard contents to other systems.

And / or a user-configurable limit to transfer size... so that if I copy anything over X kb or X mb, Synergy will simple ignore it as a transfer candidate.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Davewill said:

Perhaps a mode where the tray icon lets you choose which machine's clipboard you're pasting.

Hmmm. That'd be neat!

Kelvin Tran
10 hours ago, Davewill said:

Perhaps a mode where the tray icon lets you choose which machine's clipboard you're pasting.

Wow, never thought of that. That'd be great for multi-machine set-ups, a scenario that I, unfortunately, cannot relate to myself.