Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

macOS Mojave releases a week

Jayson Garrett

Brad Smith

Joel, Yes, I had to go through the who cleaning and fresh install process that Jayson referenced. All of it. Then I had to set the auto config and then it was working. I did a client first and when it stopped working I didn't do Mojave as my server until I could confirm it's working. I'm at 1.10.1 using Mojave as a server, client and a windows 10 client.

4 minutes ago, Brad Smith said:

Joel, Yes, I had to go through the who cleaning and fresh install process that Jayson referenced. All of it. Then I had to set the auto config and then it was working. I did a client first and when it stopped working I didn't do Mojave as my server until I could confirm it's working. I'm at 1.10.1 using Mojave as a server, client and a windows 10 client.

Thanks Brad, I've been waiting to upgrade to Mojave since I use Synergy constantly at work. I will take the plunge now utilizing the steps from Jayson.

Jono Sidwell
On 9/28/2018 at 3:18 PM, kojoro said:

Just got this working on my end. It looks like the key is removing Synergy from "Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility" before reinstalling.

Kojoro, Thank you so much. 

This has been driving me mad for weeks, a variety of error messages whether using v1 or v2, and across 2 different versions of OSX. followed the clean install + delete prefs pane on both server and client and now they are all back on speaking terms! 

Hugh Rodwell

Bit later than most, but same frustration after installing Mojave.

Using iMac as server, and Synergy 2, I followed the trail blazed by Valor P, Kojoro and Jayson G (didn't need any configuration fiddlng) and it started working again. The only fiddly bit for me was finding and using the terminal in Utilities for the clean-up commands. Copy-pasting the lines of command and hitting Enter after each line did the trick, though.

I was a bit surprised not to find a new version of Synergy waiting after Mojave. 

Thanks to our trail-blazers and good luck to everyone. Great forum.

Cheers!

PS No trouble on the Windows 10 client side.

Edited by Hugh Rodwell
Added a ps
  • Thanks 1

Removing from Security & Privacy on my Mac then reinstalling 1.10.1 worked for me.  Server is Windows 10.  Client is MacOS Mojave.  Thanks for the help.

Mark Phillips

I've got mine to work after following Valor Poland step by step instructions My server is my Mac IOS Mojave and client is windows 10 after spending hours trying I did two fresh installs and removed the app out of system preferences Security and privacy and removed app out of Privacy Works fine Thanks All

Steve Jones

Just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave -- and I get the infinite Synergy 1 restart.   Trying the steps outlined here for MBP Server and a Win10 Client.

Steve Jones

Reply to my post.   The upgrade to Mojave from High Sierra clearly does not sit well with Synergy 1  -----  but the "fix" by Valor Poland did indeed work.  Basically, its all about clearing out any vestige of Synergy, then re-installing.  

wooperlooper

On 9/28/2018 at 8:49 AM, Jayson Garrett said:

Kojoro,

That seems to have done the trick for me as well! THANK YOU!

What I just did:

1. Ran the steps to reinstall from fresh.
  2. Removed the Synergy entry from the "Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility" pane in System Preferences.
  3. For safety's sake, deleted the Synergy app from the Applications folder.
  4. Rebooted.
  5. Mounted the Synergy 1.10.1 DMG and dragged the Synergy app to the Applications folder.
  6. Started Synergy. The system asked me to verify that I wanted to run it, and asked if I wanted to allow Synergy to control my system. I went to the "Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility" pane again, unlocked it, and checked the Synergy item in the iist.
  7. Restarted Synergy.
  8. I use a configuration file, so I selected that option and pressed Start. It started listening successfully. I started Synergy 1.10.1 on my Windows 10 client, and they exchanged key information and connected successfully.
  9. Yay!

Once again, thanks to Kojoro, and the others that have contributed help with this issue!

F33333kkkkk, that was painful to fix the server one but thank you for all the advice! I finally got mine to work after half an hour after updating to mohave.  But essentially followed this. 

Basically I ran in the order of:

unlock your accessibility setting if locked, 2, 3, be sure the synergy dmg is not mounted at all!, then ran 5 which at the time it'll prompt already on the accessibility, start synergy and it was fine. I never used a config file.

Edited by wooperlooper
On 9/28/2018 at 10:18 AM, kojoro said:

Just got this working on my end. It looks like the key is removing Synergy from "Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility" before reinstalling.

That was the key for me! Thank you! 

way2crazybob

Thanks Valor Poland, the reinstall got me going again after upgrading to Mojave and no keyboard on my windows client.

There were still a few crazy moments fiddling with Synergy.
When trying to figure this out I selected Use existing configuration before I had saved a .conf file. No way to deselect Use existing configuration. It kept looping insisting I open a conf file.

After reinstall and enabling autoconfig, the client connected, I accepted, and selected a position, then received about 50 popups on the server that reported the client connected. Looks like the client was connected and disconnected rapidly as unknown. Stop Server & Client, close all the message windows...., then start Server, and Client.

All is now right in the world... or at least on my Synergy! Now we can get back to work on the rest!

Thank you again for the info.

Thank you Symless for a great tool I can't live without.

• 8 months later...
Roadworrier
On 9/27/2018 at 4:25 PM, Valor Poland said:

I GOT IT WORKING!!

There appears to be an issue when "Enable Auto Config" is disabled. 

Here's what I did (macOS Mojave is Server):

1. I followed the steps to reinstall from fresh
  2. Removed the app from System Preferences' "Security & Privacy > Accessibility" list
  3. Opened the app
  4. From System Preferences, I enabled Accessibility access, as requested
  5. Back in Synergy, enabled Auto Config (in Preferences, picture below)
  6. Allowed my client (Windows 10) to connect (had to accept fingerprint on Windows machine)
  7. Configured server with my Windows machine name

Hope this helps!

Thanks Valor. I had the same problem symptoms as everyone else, using Synergy 1.10.2. I didn't do any deinstall or reinstall. I first unchecked Synergy in System Preferences, then I clicked the minus to remove it from the list. Then I closed System Preferences.  Then I opened Synergy again and I was able to enable it in the System Prefences, and it worked. @Joel Gray, this works for me with my Mojave Mac either as the server or as the client. In this case my other machine is a Windows 10 machine, which is happy either as server or client.

Edited by Roadworrier