Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

copy and paste stopped working

Running Synergy 1

I have a Windows 10 PC and an Apple iMac running High Sierra, the Windows PC is the server.

I find that quite often I cannot copy and paste between the 2 machines, if I restart them then I can copy and paste for a while (few hours)

• 4 weeks later...
darkrage000

Some people have found that if you go into 'configure server' and move the icons to a different location that the server and client are in inside the grid, copy/paste as well as drag/drop become more consistent.

for example, move (assuming only 2) both icons right one block, or down one block. (and click ok, then apply)

dont know why, but it did work for me.

Edited by darkrage000
  • 1 month later...
Kelvin Tran
On 10/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, darkrage000 said:

Some people have found that if you go into 'configure server' and move the icons to a different location that the server and client are in inside the grid, copy/paste as well as drag/drop become more consistent.

for example, move (assuming only 2) both icons right one block, or down one block. (and click ok, then apply)

dont know why, but it did work for me.

This is most likely because it forces Synergy to change something in the configuration that those features rely on.

Over time, slight deviations in Synergy's config might arise and for whatever reason, changing the position of computers on the grid may cause Synergy to refresh and re-synchronize these settings.

Edited by Kelvin Tran