Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse stuck on client after Windows 10 October Update (Version 1809)

Martin Fürholz

Martin Fürholz

This issue is back after the latest Windows Update: 

I am having the very same issue again after the Windows 10 October update (Version 1809) yesterday.

Tried everything - uninstalling and re-installing Synergy, switching host PC...

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue? The mouse gets stuck on all clients after switching, and cannot be brought back without disabling synergy on either the client or the host manually.

I have uploaded the logs with ticket 81246.

Kind regards

PS: I would like to add - in all fairness - that Synergy 2 was working really really well during the past couple of months, mostly without any issues at all until this recent Windows Upgrade/Update.

image.png.bc4fa69f236ea866dc3461b4863036

image.png.da9556c79f5212ad96b9c1205bc7fc

James Weissman

Same experience; flawless before 1809 upgrade [my Enterprise version actually shows it as 10.0.1.17763 Build 17763], now doesn't work.

The easiest way I found to recover the mouse cursor on the host is to do a ctrl-alt-del on client. The cursor will then return on the host and you can ESC out on the client.

For now, I am going to either Mouse without Borders or Input Director

Edited by James Weissman
James Weissman
19 minutes ago, James Weissman said:

Same experience; flawless before 1809 upgrade [my Enterprise version actually shows it as 10.0.1.17763 Build 17763], now doesn't work.

The easiest way I found to recover the mouse cursor on the host is to do a ctrl-alt-del on client. The cursor will then return on the host and you can ESC out on the client.

My host/client are on different networks so Mouse without Borders failed, I saw this " The systems must be networked. " on the Input Director page, so didn't even try.

No solution for now :(

38 minutes ago, James Weissman said:

So how long will it take to fix the issue on Symless?

James Weissman
On 10/12/2018 at 2:49 PM, James Weissman said:

My host/client are on different networks so Mouse without Borders failed, I saw this " The systems must be networked. " on the Input Director page, so didn't even try.

No solution for now :(

Oddly enough, I'm back in business. In the interim I fired up a machine that was immediately to the left of my host. It worked as it had done in the past. After I shut it down and brought up its replacement, suddenly it started working again. So, for those stuck, I'd suggest removing your existing monitors/profile and rebuild it.

Edited by James Weissman
typo
  • 2 weeks later...
Martin Fürholz
On 17.10.2018 at 10:28 PM, James Weissman said:

Oddly enough, I'm back in business. In the interim I fired up a machine that was immediately to the left of my host. It worked as it had done in the past. After I shut it down and brought up its replacement, suddenly it started working again. So, for those stuck, I'd suggest removing your existing monitors/profile and rebuild it.

sadly that didn't work for me

Martin Fürholz

Update:

After performing a clean install of Synergy  2 as described here: 

on the client *and* the host, it started working again.