Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

synergy 1 isn’t working in Mojave

Colton Raven

I’ve boughten Synergy back in May 2018, and my question is when is synergy 2 gonna be out of beta, and I just thought it’s going to be out of beta when Mac OS Mojave comes out, and the resin I’m asking is synergy 1 isn’t working in Mojave, and it’s working out fine, but my mouse on my laptop windows 10 jerks around on my secondary computer and is my laptop, and I have my laptop on the Ethernet and I have my iMac Mojave on Wi-fi, and I’m worried about running the beta. 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We do support Mojave in Synergy 1, but there is a bug where the config breaks when upgrading to Mojave. Alexey from the customer Support team can help with that.

@Colton Raven

Please follow the instruction below :

1. Reinstall from fresh

2. Remove the app from System Preferences' "Security & Privacy > Accessibility" list

3. Open the app

4. From System Preferences, enable Accessibility access, as requested

5. Back in Synergy, enable Auto Config (in Preferences)

6. Allow the client to connect (accept fingerprint on the client machine)

7. Configure server in client machine name.

and give me know if it works for you.

Based on my experience even with a totally fresh install of Synergy - not previously used Synergy on this laptop before the release of Mojave in order to switch from Windows 10  server  with Mac client to Mac Server & Windows 10 client I had to do the full reinstall of the product.

Simply toggling from client to server (even with reinstalling but not zapping the background config), restarting the machine... Sysnergy would just sit there restarting and stopping in such a tight loop that you couldn't stop it without shutting down the application.

It also dropped loads of files in: /var/folders/ws/bh6wjnnj65vb0nr8vgcnlj7c0000gn/T of the form Synergy.[a-z][a-z][0-9]0-9]0-9]0-9] - in fact it racked up a couple of thousand.  One every few seconds that seems to be a temp config file:

section: screens
        Client
                halfDuplexCapsLock = false
                halfDuplexNumLock = false
                halfDuplexScrollLock = false
                xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
                switchCorners = none
                switchCornerSize = 0
        Server
                halfDuplexCapsLock = false
                halfDuplexNumLock = false
                halfDuplexScrollLock = false
                xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
                switchCorners = none
                switchCornerSize = 0
end

section: aliases
end

section: links
        Client:
                right = Server
        Server:
                left = Client
end

section: options
        relativeMouseMoves = false
        screenSaverSync = true
        win32KeepForeground = false
        disableLockToScreen = false
        clipboardSharing = true
        clipboardSharingSize = 3072
        switchCorners = none
        switchCornerSize = 0
end

Seems to behaving barring a mouse icon that zooms out when I move across screens

Gareth

Colton Raven

This morning I’ve turned on my Mac, and which is my server and it wasn’t working, and then I click on retry and it restart the synergy, and then it worked, but this afternoon my mouse frequently locked up, and then I had to repaired my mouse up to my Mac, only that one problem, and then the rest is great. 

John Downey

I saw Nick's post that Synergy 1 doesn't work on Mojave.  Just to let you know I just installed it and appears to be working fine.  I was stuck on version 1.8.8 and this is the first time the upgrade worked in a while.  

I installed Mojave this morning and I got it to work. followed the directions to uninstall Synergy 1 and reinstall.  win10 server and MBP client.

any idea on when we might get MBP as server and win10 client working?

• 1 month later...
jim symolon

A forced upgrade (to Mojave - long story) and patched Mac Air (MacBookAir4,2) works after following Alexey's instructions.  Step 3 will still show the signal 11, however, after the autoconfig, app will work. 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2.

Colton Raven

Just install synergy version 2 and then if it’s docent shows up in piracy & security access settings then you should reinstall Mac OS, and that worked for me, and then I would start clean, and then I redownload synergy version 2, and then I would go into time machine reinstall your stuff separate, and I hope this information helps you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also using Synergy 1 lastest. Running Win10 as a server and MBP as a client. After the MBP was upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave, my mouse pointer would get stuck at the edge of the monitors in the "middle" of the client and server. I was surprised to see that the instructions in this thread worked. Also don't forget to set logging to 'Debug' one time so the SSL warning will pop up, so you can allow the connection.

Hello @Colton Raven

Have you tired this : 

1. Reinstall from fresh

2. Remove the app from System Preferences' "Security & Privacy > Accessibility" list

3. Open the app

4. From System Preferences, enable Accessibility access, as requested

5. Back in Synergy, enable Auto Config (in Preferences)

6. Allow the client to connect (accept fingerprint on the client machine)

7. Configure server in client machine name.