Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergyd.exe Service High CPU Usage?

Mitchell Tuckness
Hi all, I have a question about the synergyd.exe service and it's resource usage. Is it normal for that service to use 15% of the CPU while running? That seems rather excessive to me, but I hadn't really been monitoring the usage till now. I use it to connect to a system that runs my Video Surveillance software that uses a lot of CPU resources and while I was monitoring that I noticed Synergy was second on processes. So I used local CPU and Mouse to see if it dropped down and it didn't. Is this normal? Thanks!
Rob Heckart
The fix someone else suggested that you open and close the Synergy GUI fixed it for me but it is a weird "fix" to the issue.
Geoff Robinson
hmmm... I tried the gui fix as well as ending the task from Task Manager. But is Synergy is running at all it eventually creeps back up to high cpu usage again. Anyone from the Synergy Support Team have any suggestions?
Michael LaForge
I am having the same issue. It runs so high the fan kicks in. When I close it through task manager, the cpu returns to normal and synergy works fine. Synergy.exe remains running so what is synergyd.exe?????
Geoffrey Axon-Eaves
I'm glad I just found this, having just done a clean install after a HDD failure I also found synergyd running at nearly 50%, doing an process using task manager does work and synergy continues to run. But a PIA if this needs to be done each time I switch on.
Geoffrey Axon-Eaves
Well, I thought I had solved it, but no, synergyd starts the windows service and the only way to prevent the high cpu usage is to follow the suggestion to open and close the GUI which does work temporarily as the CPU usage soon creeps back up. The only way I have found to stop this completely is to start the GUI and minimise it. This is really odd as previous versions gave you the option to start synergy as a service whilst setting it up, this recent version which I had to install due to a HDD replacement will only work if the service is running otherwise you get an 'ipc connection error, connection refused' I have also noticed that there are a number of Bonjour errors in the event log, however, these disappear once iTunes is installed and the machine is restarted.