Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Network Interface selection

Probably there could be too much traffic on the default interface (i.e. a Conference, or transmitting 4K streaming).

If user can select to send Synergy traffic through other network interface, it would be possible to optimize the response. 

I am experiencing lag, only when the streaming is ongoing.

When I stop the streaming, the communication through Synergy to the other machines, is normal.

Kelvin Tran
16 hours ago, marloX said:

Probably there could be too much traffic on the default interface (i.e. a Conference, or transmitting 4K streaming).

If user can select to send Synergy traffic through other network interface, it would be possible to optimize the response. 

I am experiencing lag, only when the streaming is ongoing.

When I stop the streaming, the communication through Synergy to the other machines, is normal.

Is this on Synergy 1 or Synergy 2?

If you're referring to Synergy 2, then advanced configuration is coming and this adv. config could very well include network interface selection!

If this is on Synergy 1, there may be a way to do it. Give me some time to investigate.

In the meantime, give me some more info. Maybe some logs when the stream is going, some network bandwidth information? What OS are your systems running? Info like that that you may see useful for forum members to have if they decide to assist with your issue!