Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 Feedback - Multi-Monitor Arrangements

alejandro gallego

alejandro gallego

Long time Synergy user here,

while I am still mixed on the new UI of Syn2 I have to admit that when it works as advertised it really is a seamless connection. Keep up the amazing work! This software is a perfect example of how 'open source' builds community and commerce. Love you guys! 

• Version: 2.0.12
  • Multi-Display 
  • Server/Client: OS-X / W10

In a multi-display arrangement, if the display edges are not aligned only the furthest display allows the mouse to pass to a horizontally connected client (see screenshot). While the workaround is easy (align display edges) this can be bothersome especially when using monitors of differing resolutions. It would be awesome if Syn2 would allow the mouse to pass on any display edge to its adjacent client or have the option to manipulate the behavior. 

syn2_display_aligned.png

syn2_display_mis-aligned.png

• 1 month later...
Kelvin Tran
On 12/12/2018 at 7:25 AM, alejandro gallego said:

Long time Synergy user here,

while I am still mixed on the new UI of Syn2 I have to admit that when it works as advertised it really is a seamless connection. Keep up the amazing work! This software is a perfect example of how 'open source' builds community and commerce. Love you guys! 

• Version: 2.0.12
  • Multi-Display 
  • Server/Client: OS-X / W10

In a multi-display arrangement, if the display edges are not aligned only the furthest display allows the mouse to pass to a horizontally connected client (see screenshot). While the workaround is easy (align display edges) this can be bothersome especially when using monitors of differing resolutions. It would be awesome if Syn2 would allow the mouse to pass on any display edge to its adjacent client or have the option to manipulate the behavior. 

syn2_display_aligned.png

syn2_display_mis-aligned.png

Thank you for the feature suggestion!

I've split this off into the appropriate forum.