Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

no configuration available on Win8.1

Xiong Xiao
Hi there, I need help! I am brand new to synergy, Every time I start it, show me the following log: INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled synergys.exe: no configuration available ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=6s, failures=3 I tried to use the configuration I wrote, But it's also the some results. what should I do? ver. 1.7.3
ThanklessJob
I`m having the same issue and it`s extremely frustrating. I`m usually able to work out a solution and get it working fine again but this time I am stuck. I have now uninstalled it from all three computers; 1 iMac running Yosemite, 1 PC running Windows 10 Pro, and 1 PC running Windows 8.1 Pro. The program was always somewhat buggy but the convenience greatly out-weighed the inconvenience of the one or two quick steps needed to resolve conflicts. I do plan on reinstalling it with the release of the next version. Hopefully it will work then.
Xiong Xiao
Yes, It is pretty frustrating. I have tried many versions and reinstalled synergy many times. But nothing become better.
I am running Windows 8.1(Server), Windows Server 2012(Client) and Windows 10 Laptop(Client) and I have had this issue in the past as well. I saved a working config and if I use it, it will sometimes fail so I switch to interactive and it will then connect. Once connected to all computers, I save a new config and use it and everything will work fine for a while. I have found that switching between the interactive and existing allows me to reconnect quickly. Just my 2cts