Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Service Failing on Install (Windows 10 / Synergy 1.10.3)

I had to recover my Windows 10 on a 64-bit machine.  I originally had Synergy 1.10.3 installed on the machine.  Now when I try to install it and it gets to "Starting services" it fails and says I don't have sufficient rights to install it.  I am logged in as local admin.  I have installed all the other programs I had originally installed and have not had an issue. 

Error: "Service 'Synergy' (Synergy) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

Install Package: synergy_1.10.3-stable-b126-ca35737a_windows-x64

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guvenc Acarkan

It took me about 3 hours to find this answer. This is a commercial product and this is a major issue. You should really be referring to this on the download page. A customer is not supposed to go around the web looking for answers for a critical and known issue.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to @Guvenc Acarkan comment. I just spent almost an hour messing around with this on Windows7. The install went through without an issue on my Win10 Machine, so I was even more confused with this issue. You should make a note of this on the downloads page... or maybe having a "Known Issues" page somewhere? 

• 2 weeks later...

This is an issue because even the message itself is not aligned correctly, it speaks of privileges where else the issue is a missing framework.

This must bee documented also the insttaller must check dependencies before it tries to install.

• Like 1