Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issue: Synergy and macOS Catalina

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Since the official release of macOS 10.15 Catalina on the 7th October we have been receiving some reports of compatibility issues with the Synergy software. We therefore recommend that in order to ensure full compatibility with Synergy that you stay on your current version of macOS until we are able to resolve these issues.

Read more: Synergy and macOS Catalina

• 3 weeks later...

In general, things seem to be working ok for me in Catalina. The one really annoying problem is that Synergy appears to always be in CapsLock. Makes it especially difficult to log in when MacOSX Catalina has gone to sleep and I need to relog in with my password.

I am using Catalina & Sierra. After upgraded to Synergy v1.10.3, I set Catalina to Server but not working, then switched to Sierra as Server it finally works. However after one week both options not work anymore.

I did a clean install again on both machines still not work and asking for 'synergy.conf'. It cannot auto show other machines when configuring server as before.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi all,

Synergy v1.11.0-rc2 is available for testing which includes a fix for macOS Catalina.

Here are the changes in this version.

Features:

• #6518 Key combination that will force a server restart

Enhancements:

• #6588 Version number header with update check
  • #4957 Server fails to start up due to synwinhk.dll is in use

Bug fixes:

• #5294 Cursor lockout at Windows server login screen
  • #6569 Unable to run on macOS 10.15 Catalina
  • #6561 Debian buster no longer supports CA key length of 1024
  • #6556 Function missing error from OpenSSL/TLS
  • #6575 Service start error on Windows
  • #6566 Debug message output mistakenly as info message
  • #5959 User interface failed to load local fingerprint

If you find a bug with this version, please submit an issue on GitHub, or contact support.

Thanks,
Nick

• 3 weeks later...
G. James Berigan

I couldn't run 1.10.3-stable as client on a Mac mini (Late 2012) after updating it to macOS Catalina at first, but going into System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility, unlocking the panel, removing Synergy by selecting it and hitting the minus button, then hitting the + button and re-adding Synergy, got it working again. No more "ERROR: failed to create quartz event tap" or "ERROR: process exited with error code: 11".

Though I still had four Synergy icons in my dock. I just dragged the extra group of three out, "poof".

Server is a Mac Pro running Mojave if it matters. It doesn't seem to matter. No problems with Windows client.

• Jamie Newbon unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Installed Synergy pro2 beta to Catalina Mac OS, attempting to use the mouse/keyboard from windows 8.1 which also has synergy pro2 beta, Mac OS Catalina replies as singed in but when go back to synergy screen still ask me to sign in on the web site.

Hello @Hiroshi

Currently we are experiencing Synergy 2 beta login issue and aware of the problem.

Our developers are working on the fix but at this moment I do not have any ETA for you.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, Alexey Pilyaev said:

Hello @Hiroshi

Currently we are experiencing Synergy 2 beta login issue and aware of the problem.

Our developers are working on the fix but at this moment I do not have any ETA for you.

This issue is still present, correct?

My Windows machine connected fine, but my Mac (10.15.4) clean-installed today can't login. I was hoping to leverage Synergy2 given they machines are on separate subnets. 

TrueSkyDemon

Yeah same here, my boss called me yesterday told me his Synergy 2 suddenly stop working, so I ask him to try reinstall it but he can't login after, so I tested install it on my Windows 10 laptop and it just keep ask to sign in to symless after authorize.

not login.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2019 at 2:57 AM, Orkan Koylu said:

Mouse moving by steps while using Sidecars with iPad. Both side.

Synergy 1.14.2 still doesn't work well with Sidecars display enabled with iPad on Monterey 12.1. Mouse moves by step on another Synergy-connected Windows 10 screen.