Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to log in to Synergy 2 Beta

Nick Bolton

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hello beta testers,

Synergy 2 Beta is currently experiencing issues with the login system. We'll take a look at this after we release the next update for Synergy 1. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Nick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TonyChong

• Ionactive

• Matthew Lavigne

• drucifer21

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all I believe I have managed to find the error and implement a fix. Can you try to login and report any problems. Thanks Jamie

I think we deserve an update to this issue.

Any updates on this would be appreciated. Even if it is an ETA, ignoring the problem is not helping anyone. When I purchased this product it was considered "Stable" but has now changed to "Beta". Can

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
12 hours ago, drucifer21 said:

how soon will be this be looked at? 

It's very urgent, so soon. I can't promise when, but I can promise that we'll try to look at this after we release the next Synergy 1 update (which is currently in QA testing).

Hi All.

I have the latest Beta working fine on three Win 10 PCs. These have been installed for about 6 months and all works well (I just switch them on and Synergy 2 just works). 

Installed today (16 November on a 4th slave PC and getting the same login issue. Says 'You're are all set! Please return to Synergy'. However, the app still says 'login' - so I guess this issue is still on-going today? At least I found this forum as I was going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong. 

Mark

Just add to my name to the list, I'm in the same situation as well.

Windows 10 on both machines, one newly rebuild and new install of Synergy2 .

Get to the login screen, but it doesn't seem to call back to the app to finalise the validation. 

apatheticnow

Adding myself to the list as another frustrated user. Any hope for a rough ETA or a workaround so we know if it's worth the hassle of rolling back all our machines to v1?

Derrick laForge

I opened a ticket for this, It was requested that I use synergy 1. I don't use synergy 1 because can never get it to work. They still have no ETA on when this will be fixed. 

Matthew Lavigne

This makes a paid for app unusable.   Is there a way that we can get a token and drop it somwhere that will enable this?  I can't roll back to v1 due to failing security scans (won't run in SSL/TLS mode) and can't use v2 because it won't authenticate.

Disappointing for an application that has so many strong suites.  Time to google for something that can replace it on  Windows/Mac/Linux. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Lavigne said:

This makes a paid for app unusable.   Is there a way that we can get a token and drop it somwhere that will enable this?  I can't roll back to v1 due to failing security scans (won't run in SSL/TLS mode) and can't use v2 because it won't authenticate.

Disappointing for an application that has so many strong suites.  Time to google for something that can replace it on  Windows/Mac/Linux. 

I have Synergy Pro v1, does the SSL/TLS not work in Synergy Pro v1?

Matthew Lavigne

Not that it is unsupported but that my company actively scans for it and it pops as SSLV3 or Not TLS1.2 which is an immediate removal from the network.  So when I am on my private switch it is great but when I am on the corp network it gets to be a gomer.

Matthew

Experiencing this issue on MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 with Synergy 2.0.12 Beta. After authorizing in the browser nothing happens. Product is unusable and will need to look for a replacement unfortunately if there is no update soon

Interestingly, Synergy 2.0.12 Beta still works fine on my Mac's running Mojave. My Centos and Windows10 machines stopped working with Synergy 2.0.12 Beta late last week.  All boxes (Mac, Centos, and Windows10) have been working fine with Synergy 2.0.12 for years.

it's been 18 days(13 full business days) and no update or resolution. I would be out of job if my software was down for more that 24 hours. I understand that this isn't a monthly service and it's in Beta(I don't think it was when I bought it), but you can't spare a single person to look into this issue? If there was another service other than the synergy 1 fork that supported Linux(at least that I am aware of) I wouldn't hesitate to move on. I feel that we need some sort of update here Mr. Bolton at least to have a light at the end of tunnel for those of us that rely on this software for daily use. I really don't want to have to remove synergy 2 on 6 machines and install and setup Synergy 1 as most of mine still work currently, I just can't add a new machine. Please provide us with and update with even a "ballpark" idea of when we can expect this to be looked at. 

Echo all above..

As I posted on the 16th, I have the beta working NOW on machines (Win 10) where they were already authorised. But where installed onto another WIN 10 system I get the same problem above. Version never worked well for me. The version 2 (beta) worked perfectly (other than this latest issue).  I did pay for version 1 and the upgrade to version 2 (beta) so its not as if its 'free' software. Synergy you last replied in this thread on the 15 November - I cannot believe you do not get notifications? I got a notification of a new post which is why I am reminded to post again. Please provide an update and timeline for this situation. I know little about software creation, but I cannot believe the authentication is the most complicated part of the Beta? Please fix ASAP. Thanks. mark    

• Like 1

Synergy, 

Guys I just got a new 16" MacBook Pro and am too running into this same "Login failed. Please try again." issue after a clean Synergy Beat 2 install on the new MBP.

I rely on Synergy desperately within my office environment, can we PLEASE get this fixed or at the very least get an update ASAP. 

Thank you for your time and response in advance, we're all looking forward to your promo reply! 

Regards, 

Paying Customer 

This is a very serious problem and I have lost many hours of productivity. When can we expect any news on this? I cannot use synergy 1 due to my workplace.

Daniel Alarcon (Symless)

Dec 2, 23:00 EST

Hi Mark,

The ETA for the login issue is not yet certain, devs estimate that January 2020 but is not a definite timeframe.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Alarcon
Synergy Team
Symless

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Unable to log in to Synergy 2 Beta
  • Nick Bolton unpinned and locked this topic
  • Nick Bolton unlocked this topic