Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 and macOS Catalina

So, I've read that for the most part, there's not much in terms of support (without issue) for Catalina at this time in v1 or v2 or Synergy?

I just installed v2 beta (2.0.12) and it won't log in to my Symless account via oAuth.   Browser opens and says that it's logged in, but it never actually logs in, and therefore is unable to connect to the server running on my Win10 machine.

Under v1.x, I was getting some significant input lag (mouse and keyboard both), and figured that trying v2 would offer some relief from that stuff, but I'm guessing that I'm just sort of stuck until a replacement for v2 is released?

Or should I just revert to v1 for now?  I'm not sure why I'm having such issues, it's definitely very frustrating.   Any advice?

So, I've read that for the most part, there's not much in terms of support (without issue) for Catalina at this time in v1 or v2 or Synergy?

I just installed v2 beta (2.0.12) and it won't log in to my Symless account via oAuth.   Browser opens and says that it's logged in, but it never actually logs in, and therefore is unable to connect to the server running on my Win10 machine.

Under v1.x, I was getting some significant input lag (mouse and keyboard both), and figured that trying v2 would offer some relief from that stuff, but I'm guessing that I'm just sort of stuck until a replacement for v2 is released?

Or should I just revert to v1 for now?  I'm not sure why I'm having such issues, it's definitely very frustrating.   Any advice?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi, I moved your thread over to the Early Access forum.

Sounds like you're having the login issue with Synergy 2, which we'll take a look at very soon:

As for Synergy 1, we're testing a release candidate for v1.11.0 which fixes Catalina issues:

I checked the new RC out, it had a tiny bit of improvement, but still is acting up on Catalina pretty bad.   

I'll keep following for more RCs, though!

• 1 month later...

Hi my english is not very good and hope to find you can help me.

When I use synergy, I have a win10 on my host computer and macOS on my other computer. For work reasons I need to install parallels 15 virtual machine to run my windows system. When I control, shift and alt, including some key combinations to switch input methods will be invalid and not working, so I reinstalled my virtual machine, also reinstalled the virtual machine system, and reinstalled None of macOS can be solved, I am very much looking forward to receiving feedback and help. Thank you, Happy New Year's Day in China