Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Error: "Server refused Client with our client name"

Travis Hoff

Hi Synergy Team. I hope you are all well. I tried to submit a trouble ticket, but kept getting Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG when going to https://paste.ee/

Your support ticket form will not let me submit without a URL being generated from https://paste.ee/
I made sure any and all Ad Blockers were disabled and still no success.
Here is my Ticket though:

I'm in need of help. I've been a proud user of synergy for quite some time now and love it! However, recently I had to do a factory reset on my laptop, and since then, I cannot get Synergy to connect. The server and client computers are set the same as they were previous to reset. I've tried every avenue of troubleshoot I personally can think of, which admittedly is very limited. I'd deeply appreciate you help.

I'm confident that it is not a "Network Issue". Both computers are showing appriate IP addresses, and the "fingerprint" was requested and confirmed to match. Both computers reflect constant ongoing log updates showing the attempts and fails. The error I'm getting is as follows:
- When Laptop acts as Client and Desktop as Server

[2020-01-14T09:28:33] NOTE: connecting to 'Shy-Desktop': 192.168.86.230:24800

[2020-01-14T09:28:33] ERROR: tls error occurred (system call failure)

[2020-01-14T09:28:33] ERROR: failed to connect secure socket

[2020-01-14T09:28:48] WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] NOTE: connecting to '192.168.86.30': 192.168.86.30:24800

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] NOTE: server fingerprint: 62:E5:4A:47:D0:AE:28:41:10:F9:84:5B:C0:2C:BA:5E:83:A7:7F:FF

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] INFO: connected to secure socket

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] INFO: server tls certificate info: /CN=Synergy

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] INFO: network encryption protocol: TLSv1.3

[2020-01-14T09:32:38] ERROR: server refused client with name "Shy-Desktop"

Please help me with this. Its driving me crazy. I love this program when it works.

Wow. Sorry you had so much hassle... hopefully the support guys will see it here. It looks like an active reject from the server, but I can't tell why from the log snippet.

Travis Hoff

Thanks. Me too.

Clarification: The second set of log is when Laptop acts as Server and desktop is Client.

Sorry if any confusion. Couldn't find a way to edit post.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm getting SO annoyed, coming back after so many years, just to see that issues has not been fixed still.

I get the same issue, same issue I had years back with v1, v2 i wont touch its just a mess.

I Dont use any "-" I tested with various names like Media as client, same nag, refused bla bla bla.

Also it seems that Synergy still has issues putting up properly firewall rules, having do that manually in windows 10 in 2020, come on.

Hi there

Please follow the instructions on this guide to install and configure Symless Synergy 1 on your local computers.

Step 1 - Server Installation: Install Synergy on the Server machine, where your keyboard/mouse is physically connected.

• Step 1.1: Configure Synergy Server: Once the application is started, configure it to run as a server per the instructions below.

mceclip0.png 

• Step 2 - Client Installation: Install Synergy in your second computer, and initiate as a client per the screenshot below.

mceclip1.png

• Step 3 - Find out the right IP addresses: On both server and client, start the command line application and run ipconfig. If running Windows 10 and PowerShell is installed, you can run the “gip” command.

Server:                                                                             

mceclip2.png

Client:

mceclip3.png

Notes:

• If you are running older versions of Windows, or do not have access to Power Shell, you can use the Command Line by running: cmd.exe, then running the command “ipconfig”.
  • From the screenshots above, you can set that your server IP address is “10.0.0.11” and your client is “10.0.0.21”, These are just examples, so your IP addresses could be similar but not the same.

• Step 4 - Add the client to the Server
  • Step 4.1: Click on the “Configure Server” button on the Server Configuration to see the screen per the screenshot below.

mceclip4.png

• Step 4.2: Drag and drop the top right screen icon, and place it where it is placed physically from your server (center icon) per the screenshot below.

mceclip5.png

• Step 4.3: Double click on the Unnamed screen, and set the proper computer name and Alias (if desired)

mceclip6.png

• Step 4.4: Your Server Settings Screen should now look something similar to the screenshot below.

mceclip7.png

• Step 5: Configure Client to connect to the server

mceclip8.png

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 8 months later...

Using the IP address that showed up when I ran IPCONFIG on the server in the client side version of Synergy did not work. Rather, I keyed in the IP Address shown on the server side, server section and wala all of a sudden the two machines started speaking. This after literally an hour of following the instructions above an following other de-bug suggestions, and having no luck. It looks like this product has been buggy for a really long time. I'm going to stay with it as this is only day two of use but if every morning when I login to start my day I have to deal with all these issues I'm going to bag it and go back to using two keyboard (groan). Does anyone know of another product that's more reliable???

• Guest locked this topic