Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Compile for Windows 10 ARM ?

TrackPoint Forever

i've recently 'upgraded' to the surface pro x and am not able to use Synergy from it. It does install, and I can authenticate, but I'm not able to move the mouse on the other screen and the cursor gets trapped and I have to quit and restart.

The Pro X is fun, I travel around to clients a lot so the LTE is a big help for me. Obviously some limitations due to the ARM chip. Chrome runs terribly for instance but using Microsoft's Edge Chromium beta as a replacement is going well given you can use all your Chrome plugins.

Life on the fringe =)

• Like 1
TrackPoint Forever

I'm considering life on the fringe for my personal / quick lookup machine myself. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm hoping to get a response that "yeah, we're willing to compile binaries for ARM if we have volunteer testers." No clue what the realities of the codebase are, but with any luck it's a straightforward cross compile.

• 3 weeks later...
Helios210

@jeris - Firefox also has a version that runs natively on ARM, that's what I'm using to write this as I still can't bring myself to use Edge, plus all of the plugins are natively supported.

@TrackPoint Forever - did you get a response to your request? I'm looking into compiling things myself but as the Pro X is such a new platform its difficult to find information on it. I have not compiled anything but the most basic software in the past and only on an x86 platform, not cross-compiling. I have been able to find various posts talking about compiling for ARM Linux on the Pi, but this will be substantially different I would expect so of limited help.

• 1 year later...
TrackPoint Forever

Helios,

Still no answer here. Self-compiling isn't really an option: Synergy isn't open-source.

• 2 years later...