Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

v1.7.4-rc5 - cannot enter client

Bob Recny
Client on left: Sony Vaio VPCY21EFXlaptop with an external VGA monitor to the left Server in center: Lenovo Flex 2-14 with an external HDMI monitor to the right: Ext Client screen -- Client // Server -- Ext Server screen Networking is 1000BaseT through a switch on my desktop. The router is right behind the switch, so the traffic is local and not wireless. I prefer to host the mouse on the Lenovo; however, doing so prevents me from entering the client. If I move the mouse slowly to the left edge of the server, the cursor will "bounce" back onto the server screen about 1/4 of the way back and about 1/4 of the vertical height. The logs show "Leaving server at x,y", immediately followed by "Entering Server". Corresponding client logs show the opposite, but without any coordinates (Entering Client / Leaving Client). IF I swap the client and server functions (i.e. the Sony is now the Server, Lenovo the Client), then everything seems to work fine. I ran into this with "ShareMouse" as well - very similar observations. I have the Microsoft wireless mouse/keyboard (model 5000). I also tried it with the touchpad on the notebook and another mouse all with the same results. Finally, I've tried several of the releases from 1.7.3 stable through 1.7.4-rc5 on all of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 on both systems. All exhibit the same behavior. I've even gone as far as re-installing the OS so everything is clean. Any thoughts?
Bob Recny
One other detail for when the Sony is the server. When I'm in the Lenovo client screens, I'll go about 1/4 of the way into the external monitor, then the cursor will jump back to about 1/4 of the way back onto the internal monitor. If I keep moving to the right, then the cursor will go into the external screen and I'll be able to use all of it. The same thing happens on the way back from the external to the internal. It's almost like there's some sort of overlap in the settings somehow. Maybe that's related to the issues between client and server that I originally posted.