Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ERROR: cannot read configuration

Benjamin P Chang
ERROR: cannot read configuration "C:/Users/BENJA_~1/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.nf5776": read error: line 34: missing key and/or modifiers in keystroke synergys.exe: no configuration available I saw a few other posts with the same issue but no solutions. It was working before. I don't use it all the time so I don't know when it stopped working. I did upgrade to windows 10 the other day and that may have caused it to stop working. I tried reinstalling it but I keep getting this error when I use my PC as the server. When I use my Mac as the server it works.
jose garcia
I have the same problem: NOTE: connecting to service... NOTE: connection established INFO: watchdog status: error NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: C:/Users/JAGH/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.Uh2648 NOTE: log level: INFO INFO: service command updated INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: cannot read configuration "C:/Users/JAGH/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.gq2648": read error: line 2: invalid screen name "Sin nombre" synergys.exe: no configuration available ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1 INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default ¿Any solution for this?
jose garcia
I tried uninstalling and restar the PC but not worked. Temporally made worked erasing Synergy from registry but when I restart the PC get the same error. Waiting for a solution...
Benjamin P Chang
So I figured out what the issue was and it is working now. Mine says "read error: line 34: missing key and/or modifiers in keystroke" so I went into my hotkeys and removed all of them and that resolved the issue. Kind of disappointed it was such an easy fix and no one from Synergy was able to help me for 3 days. Jose yours says "read error: line 2: invalid screen name "Sin nombre"." Have you tried changing your screen name?
  • 1 year later...
Brent Plummer
So I figured out what the issue was and it is working now. Mine says "read error: line 34: missing key and/or modifiers in keystroke" so I went into my hotkeys and removed all of them and that resolved the issue. Kind of disappointed it was such an easy fix and no one from Synergy was able to help me for 3 days.

Jose yours says "read error: line 2: invalid screen name "Sin nombre"." Have you tried changing your screen name?

Thanks, this fixed my problem too! Appeared to be an old workstation name associated to a key shortcut.