Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Use Synergy accross VPN without Split-Tunneling

Hello,

I want to use Synergy to connect my Win10 PC in my LAN with my work laptop Win10 in WAN (Cisco AnyConnect without split-tunneling, so i cannot access my lan)

I try so manny things... HTTP Tunnels, SSH and so on... I'm out of ideas. What do you think about that ? Thanks you in advance.

Daniel Alarcon

Hello @Kwak, unfortunately, you have covered the possible options to make Synergy work when one of the computers is connected to a VPN. The last viable option is a hardware solution, a secondary network adapter (USB) between both computers, in case you have the needed requirements, you can try this.

USB network adapters seems to be a good solution for me. I will test. I'm afraid that VPN will take over all the trafic, even USB adapters... what do you think ?

Daniel Alarcon

@Kwak That will depend on the VPN client, sometimes it may "block" all other network traffic, and sometimes it will just disable on it's own network adapter.

The VPN client is Cisco Anyconnect. I've tried VPN on Wifi adapter and LAN with the ethernet card and VPN steal all the trafic unfortunately...

Daniel Alarcon

@Kwak  Sad to hear that it's a common practice that Cisco AnyConnect is configured to block any other network traffic while connected to the VPN. Unfortunately, this can't be overruled.

alansterger

I have been able to use Synergy (without SSL) to cut-paste between Win 10 and Ubuntu with Ubuntu connected via client VPN.  I was doing this in Win 7, but a recent upgrade to Win 10 broke it.  Discovered Win 10 has 3 Windows Defender Firewalls/Profiles (Domain, Private, Public) versus Win 7's 2 Firewalls/Profiles (Public, Private).  

Disabling the 3rd Domain Firewall (Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security -> Windows Defender Firewall Properties) did the trick for me.

-- Asterger

Thanks for helping @alansterger. Actually my laptop Win10 is managed by my company. Windows firewalls are disabled, i have McAfee firewall witch i had disabled without results :/

Cisco Anyconnect VPN client is in Split-Exclude mode : all network trafic go through VPN. The metric in route table is 2 and nothing can be done here.

Unfortunately it's over i think. What should be great is a TCP over HTTP option in Synergy, maybe it should work

Edited by Kwak