Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 sign in bug

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue with signing in on Synergy 2 Beta (which we are fixing). We are currently supporting Synergy 2 Beta for critical bug fixes only (and not new features). Synergy 2 Beta is actually not fully discontinued; we are simply focusing our development efforts on the next major version instead. 

Thanks,
Nick

• 4 weeks later...
Topher Fangio

Hi, any update on this?

It's been quite a while since I used Synergy but having to move my office to the house is kinda forcing me to have two machines and I would really love to use Synergy again!

Is there any kind of workaround available? It's been almost a month since your post and I'm just now experiencing this.

Thanks!

P.S. I would totally consider a monthly donation to help support this. Have y'all thought about using Patreon or something like that? :)

• Like 1

I assume that this will not be fixed as it seem to have been impossible to log in for a while now?

And the workaround is just to use Synergy 1 instead?

Don't really mind as I think that both of them are really good (when they work)

Infexshun

I am in the same boat. Just switched out one of my machines today... I'm getting the "You're all set! Please return to Synergy"

I even tried switching to version one, but I was unable to get my two machines to sync up.  Any word?  I have a major gig Monday that I needed my usual setup for.

Yeah, same problem here.

Latest Windows 10 Fast Ring update in laptop (which is my second PC, was working great, just that I removed the PC from Synergy because I configured something and could no longer re-login), and Windows 10 latest Slow Ring update in my main PC, nad no longer working.

Guys this was all working until 5 days ago... I have tried uninstall / reinstalling to no available. 

I'm going to try version 1 to see if that works =(

chrisa_thrasosmedia

Realy disapointed that you are willing to take our money, but not have a solid solution set. I understand bugs and little things that get weeded out. But a full failure to use the software is unacceptable.  If you cant do it, kindly refund everyone that has paid for version 2. Your product is awesome when it works. LOVE IT. Please help.

Can we at least get an update as to whether or not this is going to be fixed? And if it is, a ballpark timeline? I've got 5 computers that use Synergy 2, and a new one waiting for this to be fixed. Should I just find another product that provides this capability?

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Lavigne

Any movement on this? I would like to get 2 new systems added to Synergy2 or get the Alpha of Synergy3 (assuming that it would be better then the current state of Synergy2). 

Getting this back working would really help with the 5 systems on my desk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So currently Synergy 2 is not supported on most modern systems, which means I have to fiddle around with it to get it to even work on a system.

You want to move to version 3, but that is not even on the horizon yet it seems.

You are actively, heavily, looking for new folk to help development. So much so that you spam via newsletter to try and find someone.

This paints a dire picture of the state of Symless.

Maybe release the source, close up shop, go to business school and do some online courses on programming.

Sorry to be so blunt, but expecting paying customers when faced with such a trainwreck should be above anyones pride.

I don't know whether to feel bad for you or be angry and part of me even wants to help, but I also have better things to do than to try and get what should be a simple software to work simply because someone couldn't be bothered to update their ssl implementation.

• Haha 1
Michael State
On 4/16/2020 at 3:32 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Hi everyone,

We are aware of an issue with signing in on Synergy 2 Beta (which we are fixing). We are currently supporting Synergy 2 Beta for critical bug fixes only (and not new features). Synergy 2 Beta is actually not fully discontinued; we are simply focusing our development efforts on the next major version instead. 

Thanks,
Nick

Any updates?

I sincerely hope you are planning to comp everyone Synergy3 who paid for a license for Synergy2. We all paid for a service/software that is now basically bricked. You might want to Google the phrase "Class Action Lawsuit"...

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Synergy 2 sign in bug
  • Nick Bolton unpinned this topic