Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 multiple monitors - one screen border only works in one direction

I have 2 laptops, each with one external monitor above it, so it looks like a 2x2 grid, where the left 2 squares are Computer A, and the right 2 squares are Computer B. Computer B is the host.

For this post, I will refer to each screen as "A:Top" or "B:Bot", like so:

|-------|-------|
| A:Top | B:Top |
|-------|-------|

I have successfully connected using both Synergy 1 and 2, but with both, I have this weird problem. I cannot make my mouse go directly from B:Bot -> A:Bot. I can, however, go from B:Top -> A:Top, and from A:Top -> B:Bot. In other words, I can go in a continuous counter-clockwise circle around the entire system, but if I go clockwise, my cursor will get stuck on the leftmost edge of B:Bot.

What's the deal? Is this fixable?

• Like 1

Note - I tried to upload logs for a support request but it wouldn't work.

Edited by jlauer
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I have the exact same problem as describe by @jlauer.

Exact same setup. Is there perhaps some tweak we can do in the setup file to fix this?

I am currently on version 1.12 (Pro), to which I upgrade just now to see if the problem would go away, but it didn't. Had the same problem in version 1.10.2.

I have the exact same problem as describe by @jlauer.

Exact same setup. Is there perhaps some tweak we can do in the setup file to fix this?

I am currently on version 1.12 (Pro), to which I upgrade just now to see if the problem would go away, but it didn't. Had the same problem in version 1.10.2.

I have monitor A:Top aligned at the right edge with A:Bot. My A:top is 1600 px wide, and my A:Bot is 1920 wide.
If I enable logging in "debug2" mode, I see this when I try to move from A:Top to B:Top:

DEBUG2: event: MotionNotify 1918,681

Ie, I'm stuck at position 1918 and am unable to reach 1920. So, I guess it might be my wind manager that aligns the screen incorrectly. If I use the "arandr" program, and save my layout, I get this:

xrandr --output eDP-1 --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x1200 --rotate normal --output DP-1 --off --output HDMI-1 --off --output DP-2 --off --output DP-2-1 --off --output DP-2-2 --off --output DP-2-3 --primary --mode 1600x1200 --pos 319x0 --rotate normal --output DP-2-19 --off --output DP-2-81 --off --output DP-2-0 --off --output DP-2-207 --off --output DP-1-1 --off --output DP-1-2 --off --output DP-1-3 --off

So, the pos 319 there probably comes from a rounding error or something? In fact, if I copy the line above, and replace the --pos argument with 320x0 (ie. increasing by 1 so it should match 1600+320=1920 in my case), synergy starts to behave as wanted. Yay!

Maybe it would be nice to allow for some "border" in synergy, ie. a user configurable size at each edge for which the pointer would be teleported to the neighboring screen?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same setup as the  OP when running ubuntu 16.04 (server) & ubuntu 18.04 (client).  The primary for both was the left monitor.  I was able to move the mouse w/o any issue anywhere - there were no dead spots.  I think I had to set up the dead corners and corner size.  But I seem to recall entering 3840 x 1080 somewhere to get it to work - IDK if it was in the synergy config or the linux config. 

I'm trying to do the same thing but I have the monitors arrainged vertically in a 2x2 - Server= Left   Client= Right     Primariy monitors are the top monitors. 

I'm also noticing my applications locking up for 5-30 seconds since I installed this.  When I use libre office, graphics editors & many other apps, it is just slow as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

While not exactly the same setup I have 3 monitors on my server.  I have 2 above and one below.  My 2nd computer is below the left monitor on the top and to the left of the monitor on the bottom.  Since the setup does not understand that my computer has multiple monitors I cannot define the real relationship of the location of the systems.  Multiple monitor support would be greatly appreciated!