Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy as a Service (MacOS Catalina)

I have two iMacs, one is the server, one is the client.

How can I get Synergy properly to setup to start before a user is logged in/while on the LoginWindow screen (server computer) so I can access the secondary computer (client computer)

It's very confusing too, if I close the app fully, it's been asking for my registration key, every time - has anyone noticed this behavior?

Thanks!

Frustrating experience, honestly.... I am sadly tempted to request a refund for the software and get Logitech Flow enabled devices..... Synergy is depressing, and I don't know if 2? or 3 in the works, will be better..... I hate to say this as I used to use the free/open Synergy way way back on Windows and Linux machines and it did fairly well

Joerg Brueggemann

Came here with the same problem. Did end at the same conclusion. Free Synergy was great. But this is just not working well. I'm trying to control a Catalina iMac from my Windows 10 Machine. And the problem start exactly with your problem: No autostart / auto login feature.

Yup, I have two 27" iMacs that I'd like to seamlessly share the keyboard and mouse across....the client computer is no problem as it's auto-logged in...but it's not always on. The server computer is fine but you have to login to the accounts and by the time you've changed accounts to one of the others, the client gets confused and doesn't want to reconnect.

Did you figure out a solution or what did you change to for your setup?

Have you tried submitting a request?

https://support.symless.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They seem pretty responsive. I need the same solution, so I will point them to this thread.

• 1 month later...
Travis Hoff

Ya. . . . Synergy has been an amazing tool for me as a windows user for years, and it's had it's time. One feature I've yearned for is the ability to copy files (docs, images, music, etc) from client > server and reversed. But even after 2 (beta) has been in the works for years, this feature has yet to be implemented. Then comes Flow... providing all the features included with the cost of the mouse. A major downside is that only newer, MX series mice support Flow, and Im quite fond of my G700s with all its 9 customizable buttons. My point is, please set a deadline, something for your customers to look forward to. But this whole "in the pipeline" and "in the roadmap" isn't instilling confidence. It'd be like 343 or Bungie saying saying the ability to use grenades is in the pipeline, and then (*Jacques Cousteau* "7 years later") still hasn't come out.

Oh, And I know this is a Mac OS Thread, but It talked about Flow. . . so. . . I jumped in.

Edited by Travis Hoff
  • 1 year later...
bryanwrightscode
On 9/24/2020 at 9:00 AM, Daniel Alarcon said:

@calegendre @Joerg Brueggemann auto start before the login screen is in the roadmap, this hasn't been implemented yet. Sorry for the trouble.

@Daniel Alarcon I can't seem to find release roadmaps, documentation, or even a program README so if there is something I am missing feel free to just direct me elsewhere, but I see that the feature for auto-start on boot was planned for future release back in 2020.  Are there updates on this feature?