Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I really wish Synergy 3 gets me back

I've recently had to configure a new setup too and Synergy 1.12 has simply defeated me. In case you need an alternative try it's opensource clone.

If you happen to have only Windows machines feel free to try Microsoft's own alternative. It has all the features Synergy has but they actually work (like drag and dropping a file, sharing clipboard, working when server is on lock screen).

I really wish Synergy 3 gets me back as I do need a Linux client, but I also need to write accented characters now very often now and Synergy can't do it properly yet.

• Like 1

Hello @Krystian

Thank you for your feedback.

I know we have some issues with the Synergy but our Dev team is working really hard to fix it in new builds of Synergy 1 and implement some of them in Synergy 3.

Please stay tuned as we are developing something really amazing for you :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 6:34 PM, Krystian said:

If you happen to have only Windows machines feel free to try Microsoft's own alternative. It has all the features Synergy has but they actually work (like drag and dropping a file, sharing clipboard, working when server is on lock screen).

Thank you. This saved me a lot of headache today as I'm working from home. 

Honestly, I started with the Microsoft garage system and it didn't work well for me and I've been using synergy 1 for several years now and it works great.   I dabbled with logitech options and it also was not very reliable.  Once you get it setup properly it's way better than the other tools that I've used.  I know they are all about Synergy 2 and 3, but 1 works really well :)

I like to pair mine with the logitech k780 and mx master 2 and then if the os security requires you to be directly in the system, you can quickly switch to direct control.

Edited by USC155

@USC155 I was using Syngergy 1 for years but now I need to write code comments and documentation using non english accented characters and these are not working on Synergy 1 clients. The bug was first reported in 2002 and not fixed since then. These do work on Microsoft garage's Mouse without borders. Sadly I have little hope to see this bug fixed anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for mentioning Barrier! I just installed Synergy again, and of course it didn't work. Barrier worked in one time, even better, it recognized the other machine so I didn't even had to fill in my IP. I wish I could get my money back, I think synergy is a ripoff. Can't believe they still have the balls to sell it. It was a bad project a few years ago and nothing really changed since then.

• 2 weeks later...