Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Start on Boot

I'm currently using a mac mini on Big Sur as my client server. I was just wondering if there's anyway to have it open on boot, so I do not have to connect a keyboard to login to the account.

Hello @nirvan

You might want to try the following:

Add or remove automatic items

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

2. Select your user account, then click Login Items at the top of the window.

3. Do one of the following:

• Add a login item: Click the Add button IL_AddListItem_osx.png below the list of items, select a document, folder, app, server, or other item, then click Add.

• Remove a login item: Select the name of the item you want to prevent from opening automatically, then click the Remove button IL_DeleteListItem_osx.png below the list.

• Hide a login item: If you don’t want an item’s windows to be visible after login, select the Hide checkbox next to the item.

Note: Hide does not apply to servers, which always appear in the Finder after login.

Temporarily prevent items from opening automatically when you log in

• If you see the login window, press the Shift key while you click the Log In button, then release the Shift key when you see the Dock.

• If you don’t see the login window, restart your Mac, hold down the Shift key when you see the progress bar in the startup window, then release the Shift key after the desktop appears.

Source: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25590?locale=en_US