Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cisco any connect secure mobility client issues

Hi guys, 

I would like to operate my company laptop and my private PC with a mouse and keyboard, for this I bought the software synergy. When both devices are connected locally in the same network it works fine. However, when my company laptop is connected to the VPN I should take the following setting in the Cisco client: Allow local (LAN) access when using the VPN (if configured) do I have to make any settings in Cisco to use this function?

I followed this link here, however it didn't work, so I don't know if I need to do any setting yet. I also don't know if this setting is blocked by the firewall from the company network. However, I can select this setting in the Cisco client

https://support.symless.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006910858-Our-recommendations-to-use-Synergy-when-connected-to-a-VPN

Thanks for the feedback. Exactly when I start Synergy and both PCs are connected, as soon as I log in with the VPN the connection goes away. I have also tried to reconnect during the VPN connection, but I am not getting anywhere. I don't know which IP address to use. On the laptop where I have the VPN connection, I see the VPN IP address and the local IP addresses. But again I don't know if I should use the VPN laptop as server or client.

Too bad I can't use it. Is it possible to cancel my membership then? Since I do not need this software then, have also only done it because I saw that it is also possible with a VPN connection.