Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

[SOLVED] MAC client connect to linux server but not working

John David Pearson Jr

John David Pearson Jr
Hello all, Forgive me if this has been posted as I was unable to find it after searching. I just setup Synergy 1.7.4 server on my Xubuntu 14.04.2 (server) and OS X 10.10 (client). The client shows connected and the mouse disappears momentarily but never will move from the MAC to the Xubuntu box. I get a message that the mouse might not be visible. After some time the mouse is visible again and still connected but will not leave the screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. things tried: disable ssl handwritten config file using the synergy wizard on the server for initial setup after removing .synergy and .synergy.conf 2015-08-13T19:41:23] NOTE: started client [2015-08-13T19:41:23] NOTE: connecting to 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx': xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:24800 2015-08-13 19:41:23.377 synergyc[945:28844] starting cocoa loop [2015-08-13T19:41:23] WARNING: cursor may not be visible [2015-08-13T19:41:23] NOTE: connected to server [2015-08-13T19:41:42] NOTE: disconnected from server Kind regards, bru Edited by Guest
Ben Koenig
Hi! There is a way to set a hotkey in synergy to switch between screens. Maybe try that and see if you can get back to the Xubuntu screen with a keyboard shortcut. If that works then we know synergy is doing what it should be, more or less.
John David Pearson Jr
Thanks for the feedback. I resolved the problem. It seems to work fine when I run the synergy server on the mac where I work from instead of the linux host. Perhaps I was doing it backwards. :)
Ben Koenig
Oops. Yeah that's the trick. The idea is that once a Synergy client is running, you can unplug the mouse and keyboard from the Client. Your extra computers have now become one with all the others! That actually confused me for a bit too, so now I just unplug those extra peripherals. Good to see you are back up. :ugeek: