Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

] WARNING: failed to connect to server: server refused clien

Ivan Haralamov
Hello, I´m trying to connect my Ubuntu/ElementaryOS client to my OS X Mavericks server but I get a loop of the following of error messages: [2015-08-28T16:59:59] WARNING: failed to connect to server: server refused client with our name [2015-08-28T17:00:00] NOTE: connecting to '192.168.5.111': 192.168.5.111:24800 [2015-08-28T17:00:00] ERROR: server refused client with name "haralamov" Client name is ´haralamov´ Server name is ´vader' Any ideas why this is happening and client & server can´t connect?
  • 3 weeks later...
On the server, you need to click the "Configure Server" button. You should initially ssee a single computer icon representing the server you are connecting from. Click and drag the computer icon that is at the top right of the screen to the square to the left/right of the server. Give it a name that precisely matches the name displayed on the client's Synergy window next to the label "Screen name:" Save your changes and restart both the server and client and it should work.
  • 4 weeks later...
Fabian Arens
Thank you for this explanation! I had the same problem. Please add this step in the wizard. It's kind of hidden that it's necessary to add screen for the client before connecting the client to the server. I expected to do so after connnecting the client.