Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard layout problem

I have a Windows 7 with a US Keyboard as server and a Mac OSX client with a Turkish Keyboard im using as client. I tried changing the layout on client side too but it didnt work. Expected: "`1234567890-=~!@#$%^&*()_+" Client (US): "\ 1234567890=0N!Q#$%H^_*(+$" Client (TR PC): ", 1234567890-0N!Q^+%H&?()_+" Expected: "qwertyuiop[]\QWERTYUIOP{}|" Client (US): "qwertyuiop89-QWERTYUIOP&)+" Client (TR PC): "qwertyuıop89*QWERTYUIOP/=_" Expected: "asdfghjkl;'ASDFGHJKL:"" Client (US): "asdfghjkl\2ASDFGHJKL?±" Client (TR PC): "asdfghjkl,2ASDFGHJKL:é" Expected: "zxcvbnm,./ZXCVBNM<>?" Client (US): "zxcvbnm\/7ZXCVBNM±!_" Client (TR PC): "zxcvbnm,.7ZXCVBNMé!? It just makes no sense especially the weird space after the ` key. I just can not see the connection really :/. The numpad symbols and the letters capital or not seem to work fine. As i use both machines for programming this makes it impossible. Help pls? :)
You may be using the US/English International keyboard layout. Please try setting it to the US English (non-international) layout on the client and see if the situation improves?
  • 2 months later...
James Hessin
I am having a similar issue - but completely reversed. I use Programmers DVORAK on both my windows machine and a linux box (which I just switched to from windows). It seems that even though they are both using the same layout - when typing across synergy it comes out as QWERTY!? This doesn't happen all the time though - and I can't figure out what triggers it.
  • 2 weeks later...
@Learath2 et al, I'm on Mac OS 10.11.2 with Norwegian and US English (not intl) as input languages, and this issue was driving me nuts! I ended up using Synergy mainly for mouse activities and used remote desktop (NoMachine) if I had to type anything beyond letters. Upon discovering this thread, I just made the following observations: - When the server is set to English input, the characters are messed up on the client mac, in any language. - However, if I switch server input to Norwegian, both languages work fine on the client side! I'm guessing that Synergy as a bad mapping table for the input languages - hopefully they'll fix the bug soon. Let me know if that helps. Cheers, Eirik
  • 1 year later...