Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problems with USIntl keyboard

Hi, I am using the US International keyboard, when I type the accent (') key and then Space (The way to get the simple '), nothing is produced. On top of that, in MS Office programs, if I type the accent key and then E, I get the euro sign (€) instead of é. This does not happen with other vowels, as I get the right áíóú. Outside MS Office, é works fine. Can anybody help me? Thanks!
Henk Albers
I'm experiencing the same problem. It looks like al keys are correctly mapped and that only ' isn't working on the windows client (mac server).
Sonny Nicolas
Greetings! I also have this same small issue with the tilde key when using Synergy between A windows PC and a Mac computer. Some details: PC Running Windows 7 Pro all updated, using the EN English (United States)->US International keyboard layout. MAC OSX Yosemite 10.10.4 using US - International - PC keyboard layout. On the PC, using the PC keyboard, pressing shift+tilde, then space yields a ~ . On the Mac, using the Mac keyboard pressing shift+tilde, then a space yields a ~ . Using Synergy, with the PC as server and the MAC as a client, pressing shift+tilde then space yields a ` with the special mac 'underline' under the character, which indicates it is stuck in the "US-International" two keystroke system if you will. Pressing space another time will leave the ` character in place. HOWEVER, pressing space another time [b]whilst[/b] holding down shift yields a ~ . A little tough to describe, but essentially seems to perhaps be an issue with how the Mac handles US Intl 'two stroke' keys. However, this also happens with accents, so for example I cannot press the ' key followed by a consonant like e to get é , whilst using Synergy this way. Cheers,
  • 3 months later...