Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

odd mouse click issue

My primary system is windows 10, my second system is windows 7, and I am running synergy 1.7.4 on both. normally everything works fine. the issue comes in when I am using VMware Horizon client (v3.5.0) on my primary system. When I am logged into another desktop and it is the active window on my primary, I cannot mouse click on the secondary. I can move the mouse over to the screen and I see normal effects for 'mouse over' so I know the mouse is registering. keystrokes also work. But the mouseclick does not work at all on the secondary as long as the horizon clent is the active window on my primary. If I click the taskbar or any other window on the primary, then mouse clicks work again on the secondary.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote="John Tempest"]I have the same problem with two windows 10 operating systems[/quote] This is happening to me as well. I can do a DEBUG DUMP of the event when it happens. Which DEBUG level should I engage? (DEBUG1, DEGUB2, DEGUG3?)
  • 1 month later...
Are all of you using VMware? Horizon specifically or any other VMware product? VMware causes all sorts of havoc for Synergy. It does some different bizarre thing on every user's system, and for every different VMware product.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I had forgotten about reporting this here. I know it says it is fixed in 1.7.5 but i'm using 1.8.7 and am still seeing the same issue.

more info though:

Server: Windows 10

Client1: Windows 7

Client2: Windows 7

All running Synergy 1.8.7-9799e96

Normal usage is fine.

Running Vmware horizon client or Virtualbox (guest OS doesn't matter). When either are the active window on the server, mouse clicks and the keyboard do not work on the clients. The pointer moves over, if I hover over items on the task bar they come up, but clicking does nothing. With the pointer on the client, typing on the keyboard still sends keystrokes to the server/horizon client or vbox.

• 7 months later...