Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ctrl-Alt-Del not being sent to PC client from Mac Server

Tom Connolly
I'm working on a corporate LAN with a Mac (El Capitan) I have full administrative rights to and a PC (Win7 32-bit) that IT controls the rights to (now - previously I had full admin rights to it). Corporate IT policy has a password protected idle at 60 minutes, which is fine (and arguably too long) and I use my Mac for 90+% of the work I do. All of that said, with the Mac running as the server (v 1.7.4), hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del with the mouse on the PC client (v 1.4.15) doesn't allow me to enter my password - connecting a keyboard to the PC I can hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and open the password prompt, and then enter the password from the Mac keyboard. I know one recommendation would be to upgrade Synergy on the PC, but that's the challenge - because I don't have admin rights anymore, I can't upgrade Synergy (otherwise the PC would be the server and Mac the client - which I had before when both were running v 1.4.15). Any suggestions?
  • 1 month later...
Charles Iams
I'm having the exact same issue but I do have the latest versions of both software. I don't think an update would fix this. However if anybody has any ideas on how to get around this it would be appreciated.