Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cant install on windows 10

Jens Jakobsen
Hi all I cant install on windows 10, when I try - it pops up with at massage ----------------------------------------------------------------- "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." Click OK to try again, or enter alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'synery-v1.7.3-stable-efd0108-Windows-x64.msi' in the box below ----------------------------------------------------------------- The version I try to install is "synergy-v1.7.4-stable-c734bab-Windows-x64.msi" - and NOT 1.7.3 - and the file is not on a network resource - it's on my c-drive - I have tried to move the file, and install it from another location, but I keep getting the same error. Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance Jens
Jens Jakobsen
Hi again I still can not install the program, and I'm tired of using two keyboards. Is there really no one who has a solution to this problem? Best regards Jens
Jens Jakobsen
[quote="Nisbo"]Hi Jens, stupid question, is your desired PC not connected to the internet ? Best Regards from Germany Jens[/quote] Hi Jens It's not a stupid question - any help is appreciated :) - my computer is connected to the internet. I have tried to install the new version 1.7.5 - but it's the same result :( However - it's does also say ------------------------------------------------------- The older version of Synergy (64-bit) cannot be removed. Contact your Technical support group. ------------------------------------------------------- I guess the installation of windows 10 has altered som paths, and now Synergy cant find the old installation. It would have been nice, if I could skip this path and just install anyway - but I guess my days with Synergy is over :( Best regards Jens
Jens Jakobsen
Hi again I installed the 32-bit version without problems - so that solved the problem for me, but my OS is Windows 10 - 64-bit... Best regards Jens (From Denmark)
I am getting the same issue. I tried installing the 32bit version and 1.7.4 and 1.7.3 but now these are giving me the same issue. I'm presuming that something changed on Windows 10 that has made this error occur.