Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Trouble configuring - screen name issue

Nicholas Tee
I am hoping that some can assist me after virtually an entire day wasted loading and deleting both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of Synergy 3 times. I purchased the latest version 1.74 today and have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions. I have used several versions of the free product over the last 2 years so I am not entirely new to Synergy and the often frustrating issues of configuration. Today I tried to load on two new machines I purchased that use Win 7. I did not discover till too late that both machines had the same name: "user-PC", but I used the appropriate IP address in the config exercise. When I discovered that the two machines had the same name, I changed them to different names. Then deleted and tried reloading again. Nevertheless after loading and deleting each time, whereas the Server recognized it's own new name, it kept referring to the client by the previous name - despite using the IP addresses. The machines are recognizing their new names, but Synergy is still not configuring properly. I see the list of recent patches made to the new version but I suspect there are still issues. Anyone have any advice please ... before I go completely nuts. Thanks.
  • 1 month later...