Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

v1.7.4 install problem

David Island
I cant get Windows installer to start when I try and execute the synergy-v 1.7.4stable release. Its on a Windows Vista 64 bit machine. 1.6.2 loads fine but it wont work with a server running the new release
Robert Roth
I too am having a problem with the 1.7.4 installer but on Windows 7, 32bit. It gets about half way through the install but then pops up an error about a corrupt cabinet file (cab1.cab) and then it cancels the install. Also, it appears that you can only search this forum, when you are NOT logged in. What's up with that?
  • 2 weeks later...
Marc Beckersjuergen
Same here with 1.7.5 on Vista 32bit. Double clicking the .msi installer does nothing, as does right-clicking it and selecting "Install". Downloaded the file a couple of times, tried rebooting, it just won't launch the installation process.
  • 3 months later...
Chad Granofsky
Same issue here with 1.7.6 on Vista 32bit. Nothing happens when I try to load the installer. Was someone able to get help with this? Would really like to fix this issue considering I just spent $10 for the software...
  • 2 months later...
Brent Cox
Same issue, Went to go install synergy for windows vista 32bit and nothing, absolutely nothing. Better be a solution cause I paid money with the knowledge that it works.
  • 3 weeks later...
Chad Granofsky
For my friends that have the same problem as me with Vista. I finally found a fix, quite simple actually. Right-click the downloaded file, select properties, under the General tab at the bottom there should be a security message that says the "file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Next to that is an unblock button, click that and you will be able to run the installer. At least this worked for me, hope you all have found a fix or that this works for you too. -Cheers