Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Allow Synergy on Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Duane Diamond,

This is driving me crazy. I have the client with Kaspersky Internet Security installed. Whenever I move the mouse to enter Kaspersky window, it is like hitting a wall around the Kaspersky window. The mouse just stops at the boundary of the Kaspersky window. It just won't move into the Kaspersky window. Weird! Weird! Weird!

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen this too on many occasions and versions of windows. Sorry I don't have a fix for it but you aren't alone. I think it might have something to do with some protection module with Kaspersky, but that's just a guess. If you do figure out a solution please post it here and I will do likewise.
  • 2 weeks later...
Kaspersky does this on purpose to prevent phantom mouse clicks. This is a Kaspersky issue, not a Synergy issue. BTW, Kaspersky DOES work with Remote Access or other screen sharing, just not mouse/keyboard "spoofing". Keith
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
ChandrashekarK
On 10/11/2016 at 11:23 PM, Duane Diamond said:

I found the following that worked for me:

Hi I was reading this: http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/ ... 60011.html but it seems outdated a bit. What should I do to use synergy ( http://synergy-foss.org/ ) with KIS?

REPLY:

you have to add the server program (the one on the pc you are accessing) to settings>additional>threats and exclusions>specify trusted zone>Trusted applications Search for SYNERGY and ADD both SYNERGY and SYNERGYC (the C is client) it and check "do not monitor application activity" and "allow interaction with KISD"

Hopes this helps!

Duane

Hello Duane,

The solution worked for me too!!! and I really appreciate it :). Thanks once again

Thanks Frank for initiating this

Thanks

Chandrashekar

• 2 months later...