Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.7.5 released

Guest Malcolm Lowe

Guest Malcolm Lowe
The next version of Synergy is here! » [url=http://synergy-project.org/download/]Download Synergy v1.7.5-stable[/url] Here’s the bug fixes… Bug [url=https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/5030]#5030[/url] – Display scaling breaks edge detection on Windows Bug [url=https://github.com/synergy/synergy/issues/5064]#5064[/url] – Compile fails on Mac OS X 10.11 (unused typedef) Thanks for using Synergy, enjoy the release!
  • 2 weeks later...
Patricia Maccariella-Hafey
I tried downloading this version on my Mac, then went to download on my windows machine however could not download it. When I went to run the new version it said that another download was already running. I made sure synergy was closed on the windows machine and also rebooted several times and tried to re download to no avail. I went back to the previous version for now.
Ryo Carlos Kimball
[quote="Ryan Sistili"]I wanted to get a clean install but no matter what I do Synergy forgets nothing upon reinstall. Is there anything that can be done about this?[/quote] Same here. I've deleted all files I can and manually removed registry items to no avail.
Patricia Maccariella-Hafey
Yes now I cannot uninstall it! I can't get the older versions to work now! Bah. I wish I never would have downloaded 1.7.5.
  • 4 weeks later...
Scott Boutwell
Just tested on my Windows 7, Windows 10 (32bit & 64bit) & Mac OS X 10.11.2 environment. Worked well, couple of observations. Changed my server, to my Windows 10 64bit from the older Windows 7 32bit box. Required reboots of both machines before they would play nice. Also noted that when adding a NEW Machine or switching to a SSL connect. Server system needed a complete reboot before the two would work correctly. Seems like a lot of issues have been addressed in this release looking forward to some more of the future ones. Request for the EXTREME future, would be cool if a mouse picked up from ANY client could be used on ANY Other client. As in, right now the only mouse that I'm seeing that can be used to access all systems is just on the server. I'd love if I'm at my Mac and not at my server to be able to go off the screen just like on the server and access the others. Yeah likely pretty complex but would be very useful.
  • 3 weeks later...
Russell Tyler
Shame it does not work... And it looks like there is little response on here from Synergy. I am running Centos 7 and once it was installed it fails to run synergys: no configuration available I have tried copying the old synergy.conf into the folder but that did not work I removed synergy, deleted the .synergy and re installed It still will not run and nor is there a .synergy folder.
Philip Reaves
Any reason why update would not start or install on windows 10 pro? Tried starting the update and nothing happens or starts. AV is not running and nothing else running that would block it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Rich Wermske
[quote="the-wes"]Everyone - this is the Announcements forum, please don't post here about issues with using Synergy. Thanks :)[/quote] With respect, the announcement was cross-posted or tagged into the General Discussions forum (which is where I'm reading and replying to this). Regardless, I find it EXCEPTIONALLY helpful to read consolidated release feedback. I use it to measure [i]relative[/i] (read "thumb-in-the-wind") community acceptance as one of many inputs that feed into risk assessment of a release prior to approving a versioning commitment for peer-review or the change management process. It is far more time consuming when such specific (on-point) feedback is diluted into a spray of threads. I stipulate to potential for feedback that may not be versioning specific; however, this also supports the "convenience of consolidation" argument that it is [b]faster and easier[/b] to scroll through a single thread of [i]predominantly[/i] on-topic messages than it is to page through a quagmire of topic-indeterminate threads. Instead of policing forum behavior or squelching feedback, I venture that MORE experiential feedback (both positive and negative) on a release provides more and better community uplift. Anyone strictly interested in an "announcement" is not going to be punished (self-infliction not withstanding) for choosing to ignore feedback. I'm willing to be wrong. I have presented my best argument to the community for why feedback should be both allowed and encouraged in a release thread. Useful to some... and to those for whom it is not useful, no harm done. Cheers, Rich Wermske
Ok, fair point. I'll propose a different request: Please don't ask for support in the release announcement thread. If you want to engage and discuss a particular issue, please start a new thread about it. If you just want to give feedback about the release itself, please feel free. And thank you for helping me to understand how people were replying in this thread. I spent more than an hour staring at all the settings in phpBB and could not figure out how it was happening.
  • 2 weeks later...
Phil Polizzo
[quote="the-wes"]Ok, fair point. I'll propose a different request: Please don't ask for support in the release announcement thread. [b]If you want to engage and discuss a particular issue, please start a new thread about it[/b]. If you just want to give feedback about the release itself, please feel free. And thank you for helping me to understand how people were replying in this thread. I spent more than an hour staring at all the settings in phpBB and could not figure out how it was happening.[/quote] yeah, so it can more easily be ignored. you advertise certain capabilities and yet it doesn't work properly and requests for help go unanswered. how about we all just go to paypal and request a refund as the product is not as described and the 'seller' doesn't seem too interested in resolving the issues.
  • 2 weeks later...