Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Laggy Mouse on Client (Win 10 Server + Win 8 Client Laptop)

Tim Hamilton
Good day! Title says it all, I just purchased Synergy last night. Originally, my server windows 10 machine had only one monitor. When I had only one monitor, there were no issues, but after adding a second monitor to my server machine, I am having laggy/delay issues on my windows 8 laptop (client). The delays begin when the mouse would need to change (for example: when scrolling over a text box, the pointer lags behind my movement as it changes to a the text input icon. It becomes unresponsive temporarily). I have tried having the GUI open and closed (exited), but have issues on both ends. Finally, my laptop is on wireless to my modem, while my windows 10 machine is hardwired to it. I really hope there is a fix for this, I was loving this software and would love for it to work with this 3 screen set up. Thanks!
I'm so glad I found this thread. I was holding off changing my server machine to windows 10. I literally stopped the download last night when I realized I forgot to check compatibility for synergy. All my other computers have been updated except my laptop at this point. Will keep checking this thread to see a post from Synergy that Win10 server is in it to win it... until then I'm staying in Win7 on my server machine.
  • 2 weeks later...
Joshua Parnell
[quote="Laura"]Will keep checking this thread to see a post from Synergy that Win10 server is in it to win it... until then I'm staying in Win7 on my server machine.[/quote] Honestly, my synergy was working great (Win10 Pro 64 bit) on both client and server until the 1.8.0 update completely borked it. As long as you don't let it update to that, you should be good.
Christian B. Sass
I just purchased this today expecting it to be the dream solution between my laptop and Cintiq companion 2, and my experience with this is that it has definitely had a negative impact on my ability to be accurate on the Cintiq from the laptop as a server. Both are running Windows 10. I really hope that they address this issue I'd like to think that an update is just around the corner and I don't have to ask for a refund. :shock:
  • 3 weeks later...
Christian B. Sass
I received an email making a valid argument that it could very well be the fact that im controlling over wifi. I've had prior experience with this software so i can't judge but ill probably get an ethernet adaptor to rule it out.
  • 1 year later...