Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

use synergy in a wlan

Alexander Lammek

Alexander Lammek
Hello, is is recommend or possible to use synergy in a wlan? The wlan is normaly encrypted, security Standard is: wpa2. I have seen a ssl Option in my preferences, but this Option is greyed out and dont choosable. best regards Alex
  • 2 weeks later...
Lee M Wiscovitch
It's possible...But whenever I've attempted it the lag induced by WLAN was too noticeable. And if you had something that saturates the signal (torrenting, streaming, etc) then it would even disconnect. That was my experience when I tried it a year or two ago, maybe some of the recent versions address that? At the office where I use it at the most I ended up doing a crossover cable just for Synergy and it's great (My work segments WLAN/LAN traffic and my MacBook is on WLAN and desktop on LAN so I had no choice).
  • 3 months later...
Brenton Bartel
Little late to the party ... I'm on WLAN at work, couple hundred people on same network. Rarely do I see issues except when I'm streaming, or CPU heavy process. That being said, lately I have noticed the odd times where there's lag, but I believe that's because others are starting to use Synergy as well ... I guess I did too much advertising on how great it is because I keep getting "auto-connect invites" from other users. :?